Program no. 15 of the CID
Dance and Spirituality
Linking the theory and practice of dance with spirituality – all genres of dance, all religions, all forms of spiritual quest.
- World Congress. Program includes research papers, classes, performances, exhibitions, visits.
- Concerts of music with dance in places of worship.
- Choreographies composed on hymns and religious music. Site-specific choreographies for particular places connected with the divine.
- Scholarship: articles, books, online publications. Research on the history and evolution of dance within religion and cult, on the sacral dimensions of dance and other aspects.
- Workshops, classes, tours, discussion groups, networking between researchers and practitioners in various parts of the world.
- Dance as a form of praise, a way to link with the divine, liturgical dance.