Why join CID
Being a Member of the CID
Besides the prestigious title of Member of the International Dance Council CID, the highest body for Dance, you will be entitled to:
1. Receive certificates and parchments, CID badges, stickers, posters, and other material, always free of charge.
2. Present your work at world congresses, international festivals, workshops, competitions and other events organized by Members of the CID. Publish events at the CID Panorama, the official website for dance events, with the largest visibilty: www.Panorama.CID-world.org
3. Be informed about opportunities such as scholarships, jobs, invitations to perform, to teach or to lecture, new publications etc. The CID Circular is mailed to 100,000 dance professionals in 200 countries.
4. Be listed with your full profile in the Global Dance Directory (over 300,000 addresses, by far the largest in the arts): www.cid-portal.org/directory
5. Address inquiries to the CID Secretariat, staffed by full-time experienced professionals and has a huge archive of resources.
6. Meet other Members and be part of a network of thousands of specialists in more than 170 countries.
7. Have a discount at events (workshops, competitions, festivals etc.) or publications (magazines, books, CDs, video, DVDs, albums etc.) by member organizations.
8. Apply to your country’s National Commissions for UNESCO, other government agencies or private sponsors to fund your travel abroad in order to represent your country.
9. Support applications for a visa to attend congresses and other events held under the auspices of CID.
10. Share the prestige of “the United Nations of Dance“, as CID is usually called.
11. Offer to your students International Certification of Dance Studies, the offficial validation of teaching all over the world.
12. Nominate dance professionals for CID membership – your students can become Student Members of CID.
13. Found a Section of CID in your city, thus representing it officially.
14. Obtain legal advice on professional matters, free of charge, as all services by CID.
15. Obtain electronic books free of charge; see program CID Bookself at
Please visit the CID World for full details.